Plan Your Next Business Meeting
Lake Cumberland Conference & Retreat Center
You are welcome at Lake Cumberland Conference & Retreat Center the synergetic creation of Steve Allen, president of Golden Pond Resort and Norrie Wake, president of TeamLeadership Center and Lake Cumberland Winery. The presidents lead successful neighbor companies that share a vision that by joining forces they can create a service and meet a need that will benefit your business or organization if you are looking for a unique, off-site location for a meeting or simply rest and relaxation.
Lake Cumberland Conference & Retreat Center is a residential conference center that can accommodate individuals, small to medium sized businesses, organizations and groups. It is located on beautiful Lake Cumberland in southeast Kentucky and offers luxurious facilities in which to stay, meet, interact and recreate. The TeamLeadership Center provides The Lodge at Cedar Lane Farm which offers meeting rooms, dining facilities, and overnight accommodations; Lake Cumberland Winery offers a tasting room where you can enjoy a variety of wines produced from the local vineyards and sip a glass of wine while you relax; Golden Pond Resort provides upscale overnight and resort vacation accommodations for individuals or groups.
The conference complex is ten minutes from Conley Bottom Resort and Marina on Lake Cumberland; fifteen minutes from Monticello; thirty minutes from Somerset; two hours from Lexington, Bowling Green, Knoxville, TN and is convenient to I-75. See Google Maps "TeamLeadership Center, Monticello, KY."
A full range of business services and equipment are available including high speed wireless internet connections. Meeting rooms can be arranged in boardroom style, classroom style or theater seating.
Recreational opportunities include tennis, swimming, volleyball, horseshoes, hiking, as well as a full range of sporting activities on Lake Cumberland or in the Big South Fork Recreation Area. History buffs will enjoy a visit to Mill Springs Mill, the Mill Springs Civil War Battlefield, the Brown-Lanier House and the West-Metcalfe House both part of the pioneer history of Kentucky and of the United States.
The Lodge at Cedar Lane Farm, lake homes, cabins and condos at Golden Pond offer groups the opportunity to prepare their own meals if they wish. If guests prefer not to cook, Lake Cumberland Conference & Retreat Center has several caterers it uses. They range from Cordon Bleu Cuisine to “country cookin’” and will work with groups to insure that all dining requirements are met.
Plan your next off-site meeting at southeast Kentucky’s only lakeside conference and retreat center, get down to business, get back to nature, enjoy a glass of wine and have a great time doing all of this at Lake Cumberland Conference & Retreat Center.
Steve Allen and Norrie Wake are happy to talk with you and offer help in planning your next conference, retreat or special event. Call: 606-348-5253 (Norrie at TeamLeadership Center and Lake Cumberland Winery) or 606-348-7663 (Steve at Golden Pond Resort)
Facilities, Services and Programming Available at the
TeamLeadership Center & The Lodge at Cedar Lane Farm.
The Lodge at Cedar Lane Farm is handicap accessible and will accommodate groups for:
· Business and/or Church Conferences
· Family reunions
· Receptions/cocktail parties
· Sit-down dinners
· Classroom Programs
· Overnight accommodation for up to 24 persons on beds (dorm style)
· Parking: blacktop for 10 cars at rear of The Lodge , grass parking unlimited in designated areas
· Guests are within walking distance of Golden Pond Resort and Lake Cumberland Winery
· Guests staying overnight at The Lodge may use the recreation facilities at Golden Pond Resort subject to Resort Rules, which are posted in The Lodge.
The TeamLeadership Center offers experiential education programs using its’ Alpine Tower Adventure Course Complex in:
· Teamwork and Team Development
· Communication Skill Development and Trust Building
· Problem Solving,
· Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Programs
Organizations interested in programming with the TeamLeadership Center need to make those arrangements in advance.
Lake Cumberland Winery
Guests are invited to visit and shop at Lake Cumberland Winery that is part of Cedar Lane Farm and Cana Vineyard. Some activities include (check the Conference newsletter):
· Wine tastings
· Enjoying a glass of wine
· Food pairing
· Summer campfires
· Drama and musical presentations
· Multiple miles of walking paths on private lands
· Access to and from Lake Cumberland by trail
· Tour Cana Vineyard on the farm.
Facilities and Services Available at
Golden Pond Resort
Golden Pond Resort is a favorite location for the summer vacationer and ideal for Fall, Winter and Spring activities where a larger groups might want to retreat for business, spiritual or personal renewal.
· Golden Pond Resort has a wide variety of first class accommodations starting with two and four bedroom condos; Two to five bedroom cabins and lake homes (standard or deluxe); and several vacation homes in the immediate area which it manages. There is a wide variety of accommodations and beautiful settings to match any lifestyle.
· All rental units are fully furnished.
1. Queen beds (44 private bedrooms)
2. Cable television service
3. Fully equipped kitchen
4. Wireless Internet
· The Resort offer guests a private pool, recreation area and tennis court.
· Guests are within walking distance of the TeamLeadership Center &The Lodge at Cedar Lane Farm, and Lake Cumberland Winery, Inc.
· Guests staying at Golden Pond Resort are invited to use the walking paths and trails and participate in event activities noted in the Conference Center’s Newsletter.